Does the machine receive the file, but nothing engraves?
- Note if the engraving time appears as 0:00 first. If so, power and/or speed are likely set to 0. Adjust these settings in the admin and then send again.
- If both power/speed settings are above 0, check to see if the item is too far from the laser to be able to engrave. If so, adjust the bed height or enable z-auto and send again.
Does the machine display an error message after a file is sent?
- If so, review the error message in the machine manual to determine the cause.
- A common issue is trying to send a cylindrical item to the machine when the machine is prepared for a flat item, or vice versa.
- WeLase Machine Error - E999 - Likely means that the machine type is incorrect.
If no error message appears, check the following:
Is File Receiver running?
- If the service not active, locate the FileReceiver.exe file (or a shortcut icon if applicable) and run it as administrator.
- If it is running but designs are not being received by the machine, try restarting the service.
Has the machine name changed?
- Rename to machine to exactly match its previous name.
- If you can't remember the previous name, update the Machine Name in the FileReceiver.exe.config file:
<!--Gravotech Laser/Rotary Settings-->
<add key="PrinterDriverName" value="L-Solution" />
and again here:
Is the machine type/model set correctly in the Administrator?
- Even if the machine name is correct, it won't send if the machine type or model is incorrect. Edit this on the Engraving Machine Page.
Does the Engraving Machine know what model it is?
- Under extremely rare circumstances, the machine has changed itself to a different model type. ie. from an LS100IQ to LS100. If this happens, there are instructions available from GravoTech on how to reset the machine during startup.