Below is a list of the recommended computer specifications for the server that will run the Dispatcher and Collector applications used for networking your embroidery machines.
Increasing RAM memory and/or processor speed will improve system performance:
- 2.8 GHz Dual Core 64-‐bit Genuine Intel Processor
- 8 GB of RAM Microsoft Windows® 2008 server R2 or later.
- LAN access for connection to the embroidery machine network.
- The embroidery machines must be on the same subnet as the Dispatcher / Collector server.
- A connection to a MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server
Each Dispatcher / Collector service can typically handle requests for up to 120 embroidery machines. Multiple servers running Dispatcher and Collector services can be used to distribute the load. Dispatcher and Collector services are licensed per site (physical location of the embroidery machines).
The Tajima embroidery machines communicate with the Dispatcher service using a proprietary protocol on ports 9050-9051. The embroidery machines communicate with the Collector service using multicasting. Multicasting must be enabled between the embroidery machines and the Collector service in order to receive production data from the machines used in reporting / data collection.